Here's the list, as per ESPN...
Possible Michigan candidates
Jim Harbaugh, Stanford: Forsook his alma mater for NFL riches, though not as much as he could have gotten.
- Les Miles, LSU: Already has one of the best jobs in the country.
- Brady Hoke, San Diego State: Is he still too unproven as a head coach?
- Gary Patterson, TCU: Beat Wisconsin, which Rich Rod couldn't this season.
- Chris Petersen, Boise State: Has never shown any interest in leaving Broncos.
- Jon Gruden, ESPN: Would Michigan have to take his brother as head-coach-in-waiting?
- Mike Trgovac, Green Bay Packers DL coach: Former Carolina Panthers DC is a Michigan alum.
- Kyle Whittingham, Utah: Bloom wore off some after an uncharacteristic down year.
- Kirk Ferentz, Iowa: U-M president Mary Sue Coleman came to Ann Arbor from Iowa City.
- Dan Mullen, Mississippi State: Proved in bowl game that he understands spread offense -- and defense.
- Charlie Strong, Louisville: Standout recruiter only has one year's experience as a head coach.
Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern: First coach to officially take himself out of the running.
I think that Stanford is a serious threat to hire Chris Petersen away from Boise State...especially with Luck still being there for another year.
My guess is Hoke to Michigan, Petersen to Stanford.