Utah football is having a very tough first year in the Pac-12. Along with Colorado, who most thought would suck, the Utes have failed to even win a conference game.
Programs like Washington State and UCLA, thought to be potentially the cellar of each division, have more wins in Pac-12 play than Utah.
In three of their four defeats, the Utes have essentially been laughed off the field - losing by 17 to Washington, 20 to ASU and 24 last week to Cal, who entered the game just as winless in conference as Utah.
The Utes haven't been competitive for a bulk of a conference game this season since their second overall contest of the season, a nine point loss to the USC Trojans a month and a half ago.
Will this be the week Utah finally gets that elusive conference win?
The Pac-12 Power Poll after the jump...
Team of the Week: Stanford. Cardinal like to score...a lot.
Team of the Weak: Utah. Utes cemented their position as having the worst offense in the conference in lopsided loss to Cal Saturday.
1. Stanford Cardinal (7-0): Daaaaaaaaaamn. That's all I've gots to say.
2. Oregon Ducks (6-1): Oregon looked poised to drop a hundred on Colorado before showing a bit of mercy in their 45-2 massacre.
3. Washington Huskies (5-2): Good to see Washington's defense showed up Saturday.
4. California Golden Bears (4-3): Cal finally got its conference win in a rout of the hapless Utes.
5. Oregon St. Beavers (2-5): Here comes the second half surge by Mike Riley's Beavers. Too bad it's probably too late for a bowl berth.
6. Washington St. Cougars (3-4): The loss to Oregon State hurts because it was a winnable home game. You won't find many of those in conference play and now only one remains: their November contest against Utah. By that point, the season most likely will be over. Looks like another year without a bowl game in Pullman.
1. Arizona St. Sun Devils (5-2): Even Dennis Erickson couldn't muck up a bye week.
2. USC Trojans (6-1): Comment vacated by the NCAA
3. Arizona Wildcats (2-5): Who's Mike Stoops again?
4. UCLA Bruins (3-3): Yeah, Rick Neuheisel is probably done.
5. Utah Utes (3-4): The final regular season showdown against Colorado and Utah could decide once and for all who's the worst team in the Pac-12! I CAN'T WAIT...
6. Colorado Buffaloes (1-7): TGFCS! Thank God For Colorado State.
Game of the Week: Stanford @ USC. This should be fun. The Trojans are actually putting together a solid season and Stanford is hitting on all cylinders. Could SC really derail Stanford's title hopes?