So, the first spring practice is done and everyone's gotten the chance to check the Ute offense out. Though we can't judge too much since it was a no-pads practice, we still got quite a few looks at the QB's, receivers, and RB's.
Biggest surprises of the Practice (Note, all opinions gained from watching video, sadly couldn't make it in person yesterday):
1. Wynn's Change: the dude's gained 10 pounds, is a solid 210, and looks muc bulkier and healthier than last year. Personally, this should help make him a lot less fragile and give us an extra bit of security at the QB position. Also, when he rolled out of the pocket a few times, he looked pretty mobile.
2. Wynn's hair: had to comment on this because it deserves mention that Wynn's sticking to the Locks of Love commitment he made last year. With a grandmother who died of cancer myself, kudos to Wynn for following through on his promise.
3. The backups: both Wilson and Hansen looked good yesterday. Personally, Wilson looked better and is the #2 QB in my opinion, but Hansen's definitely no slouch.
4. The RB's: White looked FAST, which is saying something since I watched him last year and he was quick then, but he's definitely worked out and gotten quicker over the summer. Also, York looked only a little bit slower, and I'm liking the idea of a York-White combo even more.
5. BJ: the thing I keep hearing from all of the interviewed players, coaches, and analysts is that BJ's offense is focused more on "playing to the strengths of each player" rather than burying the team in a specific style. Considering the talent we have all over, I really like the sound of that and think it should be good.
So what do you think?