Bill Connelly has been doing his team previews and he did Utah the other day. it is a good statistical summary of the team last year, especially relative to the conference as a whole.
He also brought up a comparison of BYU and Utah and their current situations since both left the Mountain West conference.
- Average F/+ Ranking: BYU 31.5 (was 40.0 in the two years prior), Utah 60.5 (was 28.5)
- Record: BYU 18-8, Utah 13-12
- Record vs. BCS conference opponents (and Boise State): Utah 11-11, BYU 4-7
- Two-Year Recruiting Rank: Utah 33, BYU 70
- Holy War wins: Utah 2, BYU 0
The BYU site, Vanquish the Foe, had an article discussing which scenario is better. It presumes that BYU will continue to have success and play in bowl games while their schedules become more difficult and have an imbalance of premier road games based on 2-1 contracts. I think two years isn't enough data to really know if these trends will continue. I am curious what other Ute fans think about this?