Do you love Utah athletics? Are you a fan of Block U? Do you love sharing what you know about sports? If so, we want to talk to you.
We're making some changes at Block U, and hoping to add to our staff to make it bigger and stronger than ever before. We're looking to add folks as contributing writers, as well bring on board a new manager for the site.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Has strong knowledge about Utah, both current and historical.
- Possesses strong writing skills.
- Has a nose for news, both in knowing what is important and identifying where to find it.
- Is able to write in line with our best practices for growing an audience.
- Is able to write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possesses solid communication skills.
- Is comfortable working in a virtual environment
The manager position will require a little more of a time commitment, as well as editing the work of others.
Previous writing experience is preferred, but not required. A passion for Utah sports, the ability to write cleanly and concisely, a nose for news and some social media aptitude is required.
If interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be in touch.