The Utes are back on the floor today to take on the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors at the Huntsman Center. The Utes had a nice bounce back a week ago after they got thrashed by UNLV down in Vegas. It will be interesting to see how Utah plays after a week off, and if Utah can be efficient. Will Hawaii be able to handle the altitude, especially in the 2nd half, and will Utah be able to really wear them down? It should be a fun matinee of college hoops up on the hill.
Here are some notes from UtahUtes.com on this matchup today:
• Utah and Hawaii will meet for the 59th time in a series that dates back to 1954. The Utes lead the all-time series 48-10, which includes a 23-1 record at home. Utah has won 14 straight meetings against the Rainbow Warriors at home, with its last loss coming back on Feb. 27, 1982.
• The Utes are coming off an 85-69 home win over Eastern Washington this past Friday at the Huntsman Center. The Rainbow Warriors won its last contest, 87-77, in a home win over Adams State.
• Utah ranks first among conference teams in multiple statistical categories, including defensive rebounds (29.83/game), scoring defense (66.7) and three-point defensive percentage (.241).
• Senior Tyler Rawson ranks among the league's top-5 in assist/turnover ratio (3.29), blocked shots (10) and blocks/game (1.67).
• Freshman Donnie Tillman has scored in double figures in five straight games and heads into the weekend averaging 10.0 points per game.
Here’s how to watch/listen
Date/Tipoff: Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017 | 5 p.m. MT
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah (Huntsman Center)
Television: Pac-12 Networks (Pac-12.com/live // Pac-12 Now App)
Radio: Utah Radio Sports Network (ESPN700 // ESPN700Sports.com // ESPN700 App)