The Utes hit the road and will land in Indianapolis, Indiana on Tuesday to face the Butler Bulldogs. The Runnin’ Utes, 6-1, are setting out for the first of its next three games away from the Hunstman Center.
After an 80-60 win over Hawaii, Head Coach Larry Larry Krystowiak said they still have some things to “clean up” when it comes to scoring, even though they finished with four players in double figures. Putting up big numbers will be tougher on the road. If the Utes go through a scoring drought like they did against Hawaii in the final few minutes, things probably won’t go their way.
Here are some notes from UtahUtes.com on Tuesday’s matchup:
- Utah and Butler will meet for just the fourth time when the two teams face-off this Tuesday at Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The Bulldogs lead the all-time series 2-1.
- Tuesday’s game at Butler will mark the first of five of the next six games played away from the Huntsman Center. The Utes will close out the week against Utah State in a neutral site game played at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
- The Utes are coming off an 80-60 home win over Hawaii at the Huntsman Center this past Saturday. Utah moved to 49-10 all-time over the Rainbow Warriors, which includes a 23-1 record in games played at home.
- Freshman Donnie Tillman led the way for the Utes, pouring in a game-high 16 points on 5-of-9 shooting. Tillman registered a new season/career-high and has now posted double-digit scoring efforts in six straight games for the Utes.
- Utah has registered wins of 20 points or more in three of its six victories. The Utes head into the week with a +6.4 scoring margin on the season.
- The Bulldogs are coming off a 75-45 win over Saint Louis and have won three straight dating back to Nov. 24. Butler is 4-0 at home, as its two losses came at Maryland (65-79) and in a neutral court contest against Texas (48-61).
- The Bulldogs rank 236th in the nation scoring 71.9 points per game, but rank 41st overall giving up just 65.5 points to opposing teams.
- The Bulldogs are led by Kelan Martin’s 16.5 points and 7.5 rebounds per game. Martin pulls down 7.3 defensive rebounds per game, which ranks 26th in the nation heading into the week. Kamar Baldwin averages 13.0 points per game, while three more Bulldogs average just above 9.0 points per contest.
- Aaron Thompson has a team-high 31 assists on the year. Baldwin has tallied a team-high 16 steals. Tyler Wideman has tallied a team-best six blocked shots. He also has a team-high .681 field goal shooting percentage.
How to watch/listen:
Date/Tipoff: Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017 | 9 p.m. ET/7 p.m. MT
Location: Indianapolis, Ind. (Hinkle Fieldhouse)
Television: Fox Sports 1
Radio: Utah Radio Sports Network