Let’s kick off the weekend with some links!
In Football News...
- Britain Covey checks in at #9 nationally. Somebody draft this man!
- Tim Patrick and John Penisini making the case for Britain Covey to be invited to the Senior Bowl.
- Defensive Coordinator Morgan Scalley re-shared a video where he breaks down some bloopers from practice and just some overall comedic coaching tips.
- Utah LB coach Colton Swan checks in at #5
Top 50 Linebacker Coaches Of The 2021 Season pic.twitter.com/7fj9qmvObG— Big Game Boomer (@BigGameBoomer) January 14, 2022
In Basketball News...
- Josh Newman at the Salt Lake Tribune has a breakdown of the Runnin’ Utes upcoming slate of games. (3 free articles, then $)
In Gymnastics News...
- Utah’s 197.775 score is the highest score for any team nationally this season. You can read our write up on the statement win here.
- Incredible performances all around by the Red Rocks. Highlighted by this 9.975 performance by Grace McCallum. She also won All-Around honors in her Huntsman debut.
Around the Pac-12...
- Chip Kelly secured another bag.
- UCLA RB is coming back for 2022
- Wow. I didn’t see this one coming.
Other Utah Sports News...
- Tennis starts today!
- The women’s basketball team absolutely destroyed UC Riverside. Thanks to UC Riverside for making the trip so we could get a game in.
- This was the 100th win of women’s basketball coach Lynne Roberts. Congrats, coach!