In Football News...
- Clark Phillips III has an incredible work ethic and passion for the game. He is a great influence to have on the team and in the DB room.
Let me know when you find a DB who is hungry to learn what Dlinemen and LInebackers do to defeat blockers. CP has been getting it with us since he’s been here as a Ute. Shout out to @DevinLloyd_ for bringing him through. This young man is the truth! Let’s work @ClarkPhillips21 pic.twitter.com/pl8JmXXKNB— Pro-Tech-Trenches (@PTrenches) January 22, 2022
- Tight End U
The 2021 #TNT position group finished the season with a combined 102 receptions for 1,255 yards and scored 15 TD's. They also blocked for the #2 offense in FBS in yards per rush (5.57). @Utah_Football is #TEU #13Personnel pic.twitter.com/3llM8JWIsF— Fred Whittingham Jr. (@FWhittinghamJr) January 22, 2022
- Some of Utah’s newest players WR Ryan Peppins (Alabama’s Mr. Football) and RB Jaylon Glover (Florida’s Mr. Football) are putting in work.
- I’m not a fan of most of RJ Young’s rankings, etc. but I can get behind this one when it comes to Utah. Although if Utah beats Florida in week one then one of the CFP spots becomes a real possibility. Outside of Utah in the Rose Bowl, this thing is a little laughable. 3 of the 4 CFP teams are from the SEC? 5 SEC teams in NY6 bowls? Nebraska who went 3-9 (1-8 in conference) this year is going to make the Rose Bowl next year?
In Basketball News...
- Utah honored the legacy of former Ute Wat Misaka last night. Misaka was the first Asian-American player in the NBA after being drafted by the New York Knicks in 1947.
- You can watch the full ceremony here.
- The Runnin’ Utes played well but that game went about as expected against a good USC team.
Other Utah Sports News...
- A record 12 current and former Utah Ski Team members will be in the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
- The swim team cleaned up yesterday.
- This Bengals fan is giving Raiders fans and Bills fans a run for their money. I wonder if he drank those. If so, did he place the empty cans back in his beard?