In Football News...
- Please send this to every recruit in the 2023 class.
- Former Utah WR Kenneth Scott said some great things about Coach Scalley. Official Visit is based on a really interesting idea where current and former players can leave reviews for coaches.
In Gymnastics News...
- The Red Rocks lost to the Golden Bears yesterday. I think Coach Scalley says it best. If you want to read more about the meet, check out Block U’s breakdown.
- The Red Rocks have lost Jillian Hoffman to a season-ending achilles tendon tear. Best of luck to her in recovery.
“You feel gutted for an athlete, especially this one because I’ve watched her perseverance and admire it,” Utah gymnastics coach Tom Farden says after Jillian Hoffman suffers a season-ending injury in a loss to Cal.https://t.co/SsltBIEO8c— The Salt Lake Tribune (@sltrib) February 13, 2022
In Basketball News...
- The men’s basketball team was leading Colorado most of the game but the win just slipped through their fingers in the end.
- I sure hope Coach Smith is right.
Craig Smith on enduring their recent struggles: "Is it tough? Yeah, of course it is. But tough times don't last, tough people do and we expect to continue to get better all the time and play our best basketball late in the season." #GoUtes— Cole Bagley (@bagley_cole) February 13, 2022
- Dusan Mahorcic is no longer a part of the Utah basketball program. Coach Smith declined to elaborate on the circumstances of the dismissal.
BREAKING: Utah Basketball’s Dusan Mahorcic is no longer with the program after beginning suspended indefinitely back on Jan. 29.— Cole Bagley (@bagley_cole) February 13, 2022
Other Utah Sports...
- This loss was not as close as yesterday's game but they can bounce back tomorrow!
- How about this catch by Stella Bennett though? A great catch but looks like it might have knocked the wind out of her though.
- I will be rooting for the Rams because there are three Utes on the Rams and none on the Bengals, but if it weren’t for that, I think I would probably be cheering for the Bengals. Regardless, it should be a good game!